Saturday, June 18, 2011

Lettuce and Carrots and strawberries, oh my!

Just a short pit-stop into daily life here.

This is our first harvest from our little garden.

The garden, by the way, was totally and completely inspired by my son (and his constant nagging to actually plant one, lol)

It's actually awesome to have a salad right outside the door! I'm not terribly thrilled about having to wash off all the bugs and dirt (there is something to be said for a bag of triple washed lettuce, ready to use! ;) but it's worth it when you realize you're saving at least a couple of bucks every time you pick a batch... that's one more tall latte for me! :D

There's lettuce and carrots (those are the biggest plants in the garden) and our strawberries are finally starting to show some growth, can't wait to pick some of those! and that's oregano in the pot, yum-o and I really want to plant some cilantro, it's my absolute favorite.

We also just cleared some space down below the steps for some watermelon and squash. I just hope it's not too late to plant, it's pretty darn hot out there already! I'll keep you posted.

Our teeny garden just outside our kitchen door!

Lettuce ready for a bath.

Sparkling clean and ready to store in paper towels in the fridge!

Toss in a little extra virgin olive oil, a splash of balsamic vinegar, and a sprinkling of sea salt and you have the perfect salad... well, cherry tomatoes would actually make it the perfect salad. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wood & Copper! My jewelry display at the Weekend Boutique trunk show.

Display views from the Weekend Boutique! I love designing my display almost as much as I love designing jewelry! What do you think? Do you...