Friday, January 13, 2012

Inside Scoop : Jessica Gattone

It's time again for the Inside Scoop! Get to know Jessica Gattone of Sparetire Design a little better by reading her responses to my unexpected, but fun, questions.

~some photos Jessica wanted to share~
Five photos of different types of stationery I design:
Buzzy Bee- note cards
Sun Burst- thank you note cards
Lovely Lavender- personalized stationery
Oh Baby- shower invitation
Modern Damask- wedding invitation

Shop: http://www.sparetiredesign.com
FB: http://www.facebook.com/SparetireDesign
Blog: http://www.sparetiredesign.com/wordpress


Tagline: Print and Stationery Design Solutions
My signature color(s): My company colors are Blue/Gray (graphic design), Purple/Gray (stationery design). As for a specific color I like to design with, it all depends on the project. I tend to use natural colors, gray and tan are my favorite neutral colors to use to balance brighter tones.  
3 things in my handbag right now: I don't carry a handbag; I have a small wrist wallet, I carry my phone and lip gloss with me.
The superpower I would love to have: I would love to be able to clap and make people laugh hysterically on the spot, I mean the big belly laugh that makes everyone else laugh too. Life is so much better when you can laugh and let loose.  
I get inspired by: Nature: contrast, shape, form and color. I can sit and watch the wind blow and water flow for hours, I always come away clear minded and ready to create.
Music: I need music, all day long. 
What I’m reading: Just finished reading "The Help" next on my list "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave  
If you could live anywhere you wanted (money's no object), where would it be? I think I would like to live in British Columbia, the scenery is just spectacular. But I am an east coast girl at heart.
Where do you see yourself/business in 5 years? In five years all of my children will be in school full time, my plan and hope is to grow my business steadily over the next few years to be able to create a full time studio; right now it is part time. I want to continue with creating stationery, print and brand solutions and possibly create some designs that can cross over into other areas.
Favorite Reality TV Show: I am not a big reality TV fan, but I have tuned into The Biggest Loser. Usually while eating a brownie or bowl of ice cream :) 
If you were forced to only have 1 make-up item, what would it be and why? Mascara. I have really light eyelashes and feel naked if I don't have mascara.
What's your favorite item you've ever made? In art school we had a chair building studio; we had to create a chair that evoked feeling. I choose to design and make mine reflecting peace and comfort found on the shore. I found an old pallet for the seat; went to the local mill and used some reclaimed bark trimmings for the back and legs to represent the wood fence along the dunes. Then I bought some thick rope from the junk yard to weave in and out of the back pieces. Finally I made a big cushion with a sea blue fabric. It was a beast but I loved that chair!
 
Thanks Jessica! 
I feel like we know you just a little better now! :)
~xo 
   
HEY, let's help this artist out,
share this article by clicking 
the social links below.

6 comments:

  1. Great interview Jessica! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the interview! I want to see a picture of this fabulous chair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great post Deb! Autumn I'll see if I can dig a picture up, it became fire wood ( :( ) after 15 years. Laura, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful interview! =) Making people laugh is a talent! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the details of the details!
    Grey is my favorite too!
    Keep up the awesome work.
    So excited for you!

    Joyflower
    http://joysilk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely feature! And beautiful stationary!

    ReplyDelete

Wood & Copper! My jewelry display at the Weekend Boutique trunk show.

Display views from the Weekend Boutique! I love designing my display almost as much as I love designing jewelry! What do you think? Do you...