Thursday, September 17, 2009

My first craft show ever went Fantastically good!

:D

I am thrilled with the process and outcome of my first craft show ever.

It was the Takoma Park Folk Fest and it was amazing. The show is very well put together and organized. There are a ton of super nice people and volunteers around to help and chat. And it is a very popular show, tons of people. The show itself is only minimally crafters, it's all about community and folk events like Thai Dancing demos and such, great music all day, community programs, lots of food, and more. My son had a great day roaming around.

I also had a great day. Sales were beyond what I expected and everyone was genuinely interested in the crafters and their wares. The crafters themselves were great, too. Lots of variety and all of them top notch with amazing handmade things to sell like gorgeous sculpture, great handbags, pottery, and much more.

If you live in the DC area and didn't get to go this year, definitely try for next! It's worth it!! I'll definitely be there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wood & Copper! My jewelry display at the Weekend Boutique trunk show.

Display views from the Weekend Boutique! I love designing my display almost as much as I love designing jewelry! What do you think? Do you...