Thursday, October 22, 2009

EART Blog Ring Post : What's My Favorite Item in My Shop?


This week's EART Team blog ring post is about what our favorite item in our shop is.

wow... It actually changes so often, but I'd say – right now – my favorite items are my etched rings.

Etching on copper is done (one of several ways, really) by drawing a design onto the metal with a permanent marker that acts as a resist and then dipping the piece into an acid etching liquid. After it's etched to the desired depth, it's taken out and finished in whatever way is required for the piece being made. I do rings, bracelets, earrings, and pendants like this.


It's awesome because it's like illustration and jewelry design at the same time!


Here's a couple of examples:


Etched wide band ring

Etched Pendant
Etched Cuff Bracelet

______________________
Read what other Team members' favorite items are by reading everyone's blog ring post starting here: Michelle's Charm World blog

~ciao for now

1 comment:

Wood & Copper! My jewelry display at the Weekend Boutique trunk show.

Display views from the Weekend Boutique! I love designing my display almost as much as I love designing jewelry! What do you think? Do you...